To preserve the tangible and intangible cultural heritage associated with the Blue and John Crow Mountains in particular that of the Windward Maroons.
Work with the Maroon Councils, Jamaica National Heritage Trust, African Caribbean Institute of Jamaica & other organizations to:-
- Facilitate the conservation of the tangible cultural heritage e.g. trails, Nanny Town site;
- Facilitate the preservation of the intangible cultural heritage through development and implementation of appropriate strategies including the Blue Mountains Sustainable Tourism Programme;
- Promotion of awareness and appreciation of the oral and intangible heritage through festivals, education and tourism;
- Promotion and facilitation of research that will aid in the preservation of cultural heritage.
- Develop guidelines for conservation of natural and cultural heritage on trails
- Assist in refining guidelines for work at archaeological sites in the BJCMNP
- Assist in preparation and implementation of plans for trail development and use.
- Monitor trails during enforcement patrols
- Meetings for planning and monitoring of strategies
- Blue Mountains Sustainable Tourism Programme
- Education Programmes for schools and Interpretive Programmes associated with tourism
- Promotion of research through the research prospectus and linkages with relevant organizations
- Facilitation of research
- Use of information from research to guide preservation
Recurrent: J$335,000 (US$2,577)
Capital: J$5.2 million (US$40,385)
10 Year Budget: (2017 - 2027)
Recurrent: J$37 million (US$271,130)
Capital: J$38 million (US$282,914)