- Last Updated on 25 May 2012
Be a Friend of the Blue Mountains
Friends of the Blue Mountains are persons who have donated at least JA$2,000 to JCDT for the building up of its Endowment Fund which will support management of the BJCMNP. This is a one-off donation – it is not a membership fee i.e. it doesn't make you a member of the JCDT – which involves an annual membership fee. What we do ask of Friends is that they help us make other Friends e.g. invite us to speak at a meeting of their friends and colleagues; help us raise more funds e.g. have a cake sale; and get involved in our events and activities. Friends of the Blue Mountains will receive regular email updates on the BJCMNP and its management.
Become a Member of the JCDT
A member of the Jamaica Conservation and Development Trust participates in the governance of the organization e.g. voting at Annual General Meetings. Membership is associated with an annual membership fee which varies according to the category e.g. Individuals - $1,000/year, Individual Sponsors - $2,500/year and Student/Senior Citizen - $200. There are another set of fees for corporate members and also for overseas members.
Call or email JCDT to arrange your Blue Mountains Experience:
- Holywell - for relaxation, easy hiking, comfortable cabins, retreats, picnics, school trips
- Portland Gap/Blue Mountain Peak Trail – for a hiking adventure and rustic accommodation
- Upper Rio Grande Valley e.g. Ambassabeth – for accommodations and Cunha Cunha Pass Trail – for a heritage experience
- Charles Town e.g. Charles Town Maroon Museum and River Beach
We can organize specialized tours e.g. bird-watching with trained, experienced guides as well as visits to several areas within the Blue and John Crow Mountains